WAHIAWA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Wahiawa Center for Community Health, also known as Wahiawa Health, confirms a medical assistant has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Wahiawa Health says the worker had no contact with employees or patients.
The employee has been in quarantine since Aug. 12. The positive result was reported to Wahiawa Health on Aug. 14.
Wahiawa Health says the employee may have gotten COVID-19 through community spread.
A deep cleaning was done after hours at Wahiawa Health on Friday night, Aug. 14.
Wahiawa Health remains open with in-person visits as well as telehealth and phone visits.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Heavy rain possible for Kauai and Oahu through Friday
- Mayor Caldwell looks to boost COVID enforcement, which state auditor finds insufficient
- Hotels seek more communication with counties as they work to increase information flow to visitors
- Honoring Princess Ka’iulani with Cleghorn St.