HONOLULU (KHON2) — Moped and car parts are some of the items removed in a cleanup of Baby Makapuu Beach on Saturday.
Some of the items included a muffler, and a front end from a vehicle.
Saturday was the third-annual beach cleanup for the non-profit organization Kokua Ocean.
It took the volunteers three hours to find all of the trash.
They cleaned it all up while practicing social distancing guidelines.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island