HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state’s visitor industry continues to feel the impacts of the pandemic.
According to the Hawaii Tourism Authority in November visitor arrivals dropped 77% compared to a year ago.
Most of the visitors were from the U.S West Coast. There were 524 visitors that came from Japan.
The state’s Safe Travels program went into effect Oct. 15.
The state welcomed back visitors from Japan on Nov. 6.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida
- Social Scene: Have you had a “snackccident?”
- CDC chief urges Americans to ‘double down’ on COVID-19 prevention measures as states lift mask mandates
- Strong 379,000 jobs added in hopeful sign for US economy
- DUI first time offenders accept lesser conviction in efforts to speed up court backlogs