HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state’s visitor industry continues to feel the impacts of the pandemic.
According to the Hawaii Tourism Authority in November visitor arrivals dropped 77% compared to a year ago.
Most of the visitors were from the U.S West Coast. There were 524 visitors that came from Japan.
The state’s Safe Travels program went into effect Oct. 15.
The state welcomed back visitors from Japan on Nov. 6.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Injured visitor rescued from Turtle Cove in Princeville
- Mother, sister likely starved after caretaker choked to death, police say
- Hawaii’s Kamu Grugier-Hill inactive for Texans on Thursday Night Football with knee injury
- Officials investigating ‘unprecedented number’ of monk seal deaths on Molokai
- Inside Look at government sausage making