HONOLULU (KHON2) — Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of Veterans and the public, the annual Veterans Day ceremony sponsored by the Oahu Veterans Council has been canceled. The Punchbowl staff will conduct a private wreath laying ceremony. It will be posted on the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific “Punchbowl” Facebook page on November 10, at 11 a.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The Oahu Veterans Council will air a virtual Veterans Day ceremony on:
Wednesday, November 11th, at 11 a.m.
TV Broadcast – ‘OLELO Channel 49
YouTube – Hawai’i Veterans Day Ceremony 2020
Facebook Page – Oahu Veterans Center
Additional dates and times for viewing:
Saturday, November 14th – KITV Channel 4 at 7 p.m.
Sunday, November 15th – ‘OLELO Channel 53 at 6 p.m.
Monday, November 16th – ‘OLELO Channel 53 at 8 a.m.
Wednesday, November 18th – ‘OLELO Channel 53 at 1 p.m.
Punchbowl asks that the public, please limit the number of individuals visiting a loved one’s gravesite to 5 or less at one time and practice physical distancing between individuals who are not from the same household, wear face coverings. Sick individuals are asked to stay at home.
For more information, visit the National Cemetery Administration’s website or contact Punchbowl staff at (808) 532-3720.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3
- Beach ‘Bows split earn split against pair of Pac-12 foes to end regular season schedule
- Honolulu police search for gunman wanted on suspicion of attempted murder
- Kabuki says ‘Arigato Gozaimasu’ after 35 years in business
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?