HONOLULU (KHON2) — Tony Roma’s in Waikiki is closing its doors for good.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The popular restaurant announced on social media that it will serve up its last meals on Wednesday, Oct. 28. The manager cites the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the current economy as the restaurant’s reasons for the closure.
However, restaurant officials announced that its sister restaurant, TR Fire Grill, will open Dec. 1.
The Waikiki location is the last Tony Roma’s restaurant in Hawaii.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Game Preview: ‘Bows look to bounce back against undefeated Nevada at Aloha Stadium this Saturday
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- LIVE: Biden, Harris formally introduce national security team