HONOLULU (KHON2) — Military burial services at Punchbowl will resume starting June 9.
The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific halted committal services for families interring loved ones on March 23 because of the pandemic.
They were given the option to have direct interments without a service.
Those families will be contacted and asked if they would like to schedule a memorial service and military funeral honors.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Maui still behind on vaccine rollout
- More than 12,000 appointments already booked for second large vaccination site on Oahu
- Another apparent Molotov cocktail attack leaves family in shock
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner
- Flash Flood Watch issued for Hawaii Isle