HONOLULU (KHON2) — A Texas man has been arrested on Kauai for violating quarantine.
Police say Chris Coleman arrived on the island on July 4, and was informed by police and staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Wailua bay of the quarantine rules.
At some point during his stay, police were called after Coleman got into an argument with hotel staff. He was reminded again of the rules.
Coleman asked hotel staff to call him a taxi, and they refused. Coleman became belligerent.
Police arrested him. He remains in custody on $1,000.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Cool trade wind weather prevails over the islands
- UH athletics shifting focus to hosting fans in the fall, fan attendance during spring ‘does not look likely’
- Fundraising begins as ‘Bows inaugural season at home nears $6.2 million price tag
- Price to pay: Increase price for goods sets up challenges for Hawaii restaurants and retailers
- Honolulu mayor honors the ‘headset heroes’ during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week