HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Surgeon General is set to go before a jury after being cited for violating an emergency order.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Vice Admiral Jerome Adams’ first court appearance was held on Oct. 21 via Zoom.
Adams was not present for the hearing. His attorney represented him virtually and said he will be submitting a not guilty on Adams’ behalf.
Adams and another man were cited in August for being in Kualoa Park when parks were still closed under Honolulu’s amended emergency orders.
His arraignment is now scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Nov. 2.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- LIVE: Biden, Harris formally introduce national security team
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House