HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Surgeon General is set to go before a jury after being cited for violating an emergency order.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Vice Admiral Jerome Adams’ first court appearance was held on Oct. 21 via Zoom.
Adams was not present for the hearing. His attorney represented him virtually and said he will be submitting a not guilty on Adams’ behalf.
Adams and another man were cited in August for being in Kualoa Park when parks were still closed under Honolulu’s amended emergency orders.
His arraignment is now scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Nov. 2.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- POW! WOW! opens first exhibit at Bishop Museum
- Many Hawaii residents want to follow new CDC guidelines on masks, others not so much
- Hawaii property owners must meet deadline for final monthly payment option to avoid penalties
- Mysterious deed claims new ownership of Jeffrey Epstein’s New Mexico ranch