HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Surgeon General is set to go before a jury after being cited for violating an emergency order.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
Vice Admiral Jerome Adams’ first court appearance was held on Oct. 21 via Zoom.
Adams was not present for the hearing. His attorney represented him virtually and said he will be submitting a not guilty on Adams’ behalf.
Adams and another man were cited in August for being in Kualoa Park when parks were still closed under Honolulu’s amended emergency orders.
His arraignment is now scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Nov. 2.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Pence eyes 2024 campaign launch next week
- White House: ‘No evidence’ Biden accuser is part of Russian influence operation
- Four UH Football games will be nationally televised
- Trump eying ‘most spectacular’ yearlong 250th birthday celebration for US if elected
- Weight loss surgeries rise substantially among adolescents: research