HONOLULU (KHON2) — The nation’s top doctor is scheduled to make a zoom appearance in a Hawaii courtroom on Oct. 21.
A hearing will be held for the U.S. Surgeon General, Vice Admiral Jerome Adams, after he was cited on Aug. 23 for violating emergency orders.
He was seen with two other men at Kualoa Park while the parks were still off-limits.
Adams was in the islands helping the city with surge testing and says he did not know parks were closed.
He has called the incident an “unfortunate situation,” and wants to make it a teachable moment for everyone.
His hearing is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Flash Flood Watch in effect through late Tuesday night for Maui and the Big Island
- Game Preview: ‘Bows look to bounce back against undefeated Nevada at Aloha Stadium this Saturday
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says