HONOLULU (KHON2) — As students remain under quarantine, an important message on COVID-19 is shared with imagination.
Melody Hamilton is an eighth grade student from La Pietra Hawaii School for Girls who made her own version of the hit classic Mr. Sandman.
The original was sung by the Chordettes in the 1950’s but in this remix melody changed the lyrics to promote safety during the coronavirus pandemic.
“I just hope that anyone who finds this video is able to laugh about it,” said Melody Hamilton. “I love making people laugh, especially in hard times like this. I just hope it makes your day.”
She adds that she loves to sing, and she hopes this will give some peace of mind to anyone who is feeling uneasy.
- Sporadic heavy rain continues for the islands through late Thursday
- Relief program keeping Hawaii’s rental market together
- DOH confirms traveler tested positive for COVID-19 coming into Honolulu
- DLIR begins offering Federal-State Extended Benefits
- Tony Roma’s last Hawaii restaurant to close permanently on Oct. 28