HONOLULU (KHON2) — As Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine nears approval for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the state is gearing up to begin distributing the vaccine to the public.
Governor David Ige held a news conference to provide the latest details about Hawaii’s vaccination plan.
The governor was joined by:
- Lt. Governor Josh Green
- Dr. Elizabeth Char, Director, Dept. of Health
- Kenneth Hara, Director, Hawaii Emergency Management Agency
- Hilton Raethel, President and CEO, Healthcare Association of Hawaii
- Dr. Kelley Withy, Director, Hawaii Pacific Basin Area Health Education Center and COVID-19 vaccine trial participant
- Ron Balajadia, Health Immunization Branch Chief, Dept. of Health
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Flash Flood Watch in effect through Tuesday afternoon for all Hawaiian islands
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant
- Senators to be sworn in today, as articles of impeachment are presented