HONOLULU (KHON2) — The pandemic isn’t stopping work on a state-of-the-art state hospital.
The hospital’s director Run Heidelberg says completion of the new 144-bed hospital is still expected in early 2021.
The nurse’s station will have a clear line of sight to the common areas.
Cameras will be installed throughout, and each staff member will have a panic button.
Throughout the pandemic, the state hospital has been complying with health department and CDC guidelines including screening employees, patients, contractors and vendors daily.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- New Biden order extends freeze on evictions until March, helps thousands of Hawaii residents
- State lawmakers tackle massive budget deficit as session begins
- Congressional leaders said inauguration sent unifying message despite unprecedented security
- Makua Rothman hopes epic ride at Jaws could not only challenge world record but prove that ‘if you believe, you can achieve’
- Hawaii National Guard performs security operations in Washington D.C.