HONOLULU (KHON2) — The pandemic isn’t stopping work on a state-of-the-art state hospital.
The hospital’s director Run Heidelberg says completion of the new 144-bed hospital is still expected in early 2021.
The nurse’s station will have a clear line of sight to the common areas.
Cameras will be installed throughout, and each staff member will have a panic button.
Throughout the pandemic, the state hospital has been complying with health department and CDC guidelines including screening employees, patients, contractors and vendors daily.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3