HONOLULU (KHON2) — The pandemic isn’t stopping work on a state-of-the-art state hospital.
The hospital’s director Run Heidelberg says completion of the new 144-bed hospital is still expected in early 2021.
The nurse’s station will have a clear line of sight to the common areas.
Cameras will be installed throughout, and each staff member will have a panic button.
Throughout the pandemic, the state hospital has been complying with health department and CDC guidelines including screening employees, patients, contractors and vendors daily.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Matson worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank