HONOLULU (KHON2) — Southwest Airlines is cutting back on cabin cleaning.
The airlines will no longer sanitize seat belts and arm rests between flights, but instead focus on a few high-touch areas like tray tables and lavatories.
The move will reduce turn-around time between flights.
Deep overnight cleanings won’t be affected and empty middle seats will continue through October.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election
- Mayors want inter-island travelers tested after arrival, but admit there aren’t enough tests