HONOLULU (KHON2) — Officials are putting new restrictions in place on Oahu, after the state reported 207 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday.
But, is that enough? Department of Health Director, Bruce Anderson, is now targeting beaches, saying the large gatherings is one area that he’s most concerned.
We had reports of a huge drum circle at Little Beach on Maui. Ala Moana Beach Park was also packed over the weekend. HPD had to break up a large gathering at Waimea Bay.
Honolulu Mayor, Kirk Caldwell is frustrated and is trying to outlaw large tents on beaches.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Punahou School fires teacher after sexual abuse allegations
- Limited dine-in capacity and flower shortage expected this Valentine’s Day
- Labor unions push lawmakers to drop GET on groceries
- Teacher vaccinations slowed by vaccine shortage, educators unsure about the process
- Lt. Gov. Green: We’ve given more vaccines than we’ve had cases