HONOLULU (KHO2N) — Day two of beaches being open on Oahu and lots of folks headed out to Ala Moana on May 17th.
While it was crowded, people KHON2 spoke with say beachgoers were abiding by the social distance rules.
We also found residents taking advantage of the tennis courts being back open. Only singles matches are allowed, but players say that’s fine by them.
“To get back on the court, to get some sun. Playing tennis even if it is singles, it’s awesome,” said Honolulu Resident Aaron Yamato.
“I think it’s safe enough. As you can tell, we are more than six feet apart. And we’re in the outdoors, so I think it’s pretty safe,” said Honolulu Resident Cherie Dang.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- “I hope one of y’all pick me,” 9-year-old boy desperately wants a place to call home
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Texas teacher’s back to school Facebook post goes viral
- “White Pride” billboard in Arkansas gains attention again, thousands sign petition for removal
- Light trade winds for the island through next week
- Maui County may see bump in COVID-19 case numbers soon