HONOLULU (KHON2) — The once busy Shirokiya at Ala Moana has been deserted since COVID-19 hit the state.
Though restaurants will be able to open up its doors to the dine-in experience again on June 5, Shirokiya announced in a letter posted on its doors that it will remain closed until August 31.
“It is challenging and dangerous to continue operating out business concept,” said the company.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- PSA: Gov. Edwards and Zion Williamson encourage Louisianans to ‘Mask Up’
- Police investigate Pearl City death
- July 2: Incoming passenger count bumped up to 2,813, total 25 flights landed