HONOLULU (KHON) — After 29 new cases of coronavirus put Hawaii over the 200 total count, the Senate Special Committee held an afternoon meeting on Monday, March 30th with: Governor Ige’s Chief of Staff Ms. Linda C. Takayama; Department of Budget and Finance Director Craig Hirai; Department of Labor and Industrial Relations Director Scott Murakami; and Department of Human Services Director Pankaj Bhanot.
Watch the hearing in the video below:
Last Friday, the committee held a daylong meeting in which it discussed the federal stimulus package and various state efforts to manage the pandemic.
The special committee members are: Senator Donovan M. Dela Cruz, Senator Jarrett Keohokalole, Senator Michelle N. Kidani, Senator Donna Mercado Kim, Senator Sharon Y. Moriwaki, and Senator Kurt Fevella.
- Big Game Bound Week 13: Hall of Famer John Clayton, Browns vs. Titans
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need
- Social Scene: Staying positive in 2020
- WATCH: Fireball lights up sky; New York residents report sightings
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan