HONOLULU (KHON2) — June 16, 2020 marks the first of two days Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is spending in the islands.
His office confirmed that Tuesday but did not detail why he’s here.
Citing sources CNN reports that Pompeo will be meeting with Chinese officials at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam.
The talks come as tensions rise over COVID-19 and civil rights in Hong Kong.
- Hawaii reports 403 COVID cases, 9 new deaths
- U.S. FDA approves Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccines single booster dose to be used after six months of primary completion
- ENV will conduct a smoke test on a portion of the wastewater collection system in Kaneohe
- Haitian migrants brought over from Del Rio, Texas being released to El Paso shelter
- Sept. 24: Fall sports season begins today; A new mural pops up honoring the late Congresswoman Patsy Mink