HAWAII KAI, Hawaii (KHON2) – The Honolulu Fire Department has confirmed on Thursday that a second fire fighter from the Hawaii Kai Fire Station has tested positive for COVID-19.
HFD says the employee has been placed on leave and will self-isolate until further notice.
All personnel from the Hawaii Kai station has been instructed to quarantine.
The station, trucks, and equipment have been sanitized and disinefected.
HFD also says department manpower has been redistributed to maintain emergency
response coverage for the Hawaii Kai area.
HFD is working with the City and County of Honolulu’s Infectious Disease Officer
and the Hawaii State Department of Health to ensure procedures are followed and
safety measures are taken.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Oahu residents get extra time to renew expired driver’s licenses, state IDs and permits
- Hawaii reports 70 Coronavirus cases, no new deaths
- Journey to Tokyo: Rugby player Lauren Doyle aims for spot on Olympics roster, gold
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- UH men’s volleyball ranked No. 1 for seventh straight week as Parapunov and Voss earn weekly BWC honors