HAWAII KAI, Hawaii (KHON2) – The Honolulu Fire Department has confirmed on Thursday that a second fire fighter from the Hawaii Kai Fire Station has tested positive for COVID-19.
HFD says the employee has been placed on leave and will self-isolate until further notice.
All personnel from the Hawaii Kai station has been instructed to quarantine.
The station, trucks, and equipment have been sanitized and disinefected.
HFD also says department manpower has been redistributed to maintain emergency
response coverage for the Hawaii Kai area.
HFD is working with the City and County of Honolulu’s Infectious Disease Officer
and the Hawaii State Department of Health to ensure procedures are followed and
safety measures are taken.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Some travelers frustrated with having to show negative COVID-19 test prior to departure
- Pedestrian dies in Nanakuli accident
- Mayor-elect sweats the small and big stuff on basic city services
- Businesses will have to pay three times more in unemployment tax in 2021
- Oahu family coping with tragedy finds strength in giving back