WAIMANALO, Hawaii (KHON2) — Another business is being impacted by the pandemic.
In a notice to the state labor department, Sea Life Park says 55 employees who were placed on temporary furlough in March are now being permanently laid off at the end of the month.
In the notice, Sea Life Park says it did not foresee the pandemic would “gravely impact its business not merely for a short period, but now for the foreseeable future.”
The park has been closed since March 17.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- AAA Hawaii: Honolulu Average Gas Price Drops Below $4
- State Creates New Ads to Address Teen Vaping
- Take2: Artists of Hawaii Now Exhibit at the Honolulu Museum of Art
- Groundbreaking ceremony for new affordable senior apartments project is being held in downtown Honolulu
- Hawaii reports 588 COVID cases, 8 new deaths