HONOLULU (KHON2) — As for that $400 per week supplemental unemployment payment, the state labor department says it will follow established procedures for implementing any changes to the federal-state unemployment program.
It will make an announcement to claimaints once more information becomes available.
Anne Perreira-Eustaquio is now the acting director of the labor department after Scott Murakami resigned last Wednesday.
Murakami had been on leave since June 1 in the midst of an unemployment crisis.
Always Investigating found out that Murakami had faced a barrage of threats including on his life.
At one point, he had a sheriff’s deputy escort.
Murakami had served as the labor director since January 2019.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Jane’s Fountain, long-time Liliha restaurant hopes to survive pandemic
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election