HONOLULU (KHON2) — A Palolo woman turned turned 100 on Sunday, May 31.
Esther Nowell sat in front of her home so that others could help her celebrate the milestone and so well-wishers could drive by and offer their congratulations and gifts.
So what’s the secret to living a long life?
“I tell everybody my secret,” she said. “It’s you have to do yoga, eat yogurt, and never wear tight shoes.”
Her other advice, she joked, is to select your parents very carefully for good genes.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure
- Hawaii health officials report 6 cases of COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Road closures scheduled for repair work in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Kauai hospitals expand vaccine appointments to residents 70 and older