HONOLULU (KHON2) — A Palolo woman turned turned 100 on Sunday, May 31.
Esther Nowell sat in front of her home so that others could help her celebrate the milestone and so well-wishers could drive by and offer their congratulations and gifts.
So what’s the secret to living a long life?
“I tell everybody my secret,” she said. “It’s you have to do yoga, eat yogurt, and never wear tight shoes.”
Her other advice, she joked, is to select your parents very carefully for good genes.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Seniors moved into a new affordable housing complex in Kahului
- Willie Nelson’s July Fourth picnic is virtual in virus era
- Friday holiday schedule: What’s open and closed
- Washington Redskins to conduct ‘thorough review’ of team name
- 4.6 magnitude earthquake hits the Big Island, no tsunami threat reported