HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health reported no new cases of COVID-19 today for the state. The state total is now 642; though yesterday the total was 647, five cases were removed after the DOH updated its testing information.
Of the 642 total positive tests, 40 are active cases. The DOH reported 47,985 test results have been received as of May 21st.
1 new case required hospitalization, and 6 additional patients were released from isolation. The number of recoveries is now 585.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 81 (-1)
- Honolulu: 414 (-2)
- Kauai: 20 (-1)
- Maui: 117 (-1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 10
- Required Hospitalization: 84 (1)
- Deaths: 17
- Released from isolation: 585 (6)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
- $15 minimum wage: Where the debate and alternatives stand
- Buffalo Soldiers laid the foundation of what is now Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Following historic performance, Hawaii’s Max Holloway hopes to fight twice more in 2021
- Rep. Sharon Har apologizes to House Chamber days after arrest
- Rainbow Wahine basketball use bye week to reset ahead final four regular season games, starting with Long Beach State