HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health reported no new cases of COVID-19 today for the state. The state total is now 642; though yesterday the total was 647, five cases were removed after the DOH updated its testing information.
Of the 642 total positive tests, 40 are active cases. The DOH reported 47,985 test results have been received as of May 21st.
1 new case required hospitalization, and 6 additional patients were released from isolation. The number of recoveries is now 585.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 81 (-1)
- Honolulu: 414 (-2)
- Kauai: 20 (-1)
- Maui: 117 (-1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 10
- Required Hospitalization: 84 (1)
- Deaths: 17
- Released from isolation: 585 (6)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
- Honolulu to add 17,000-18,000 ballots to overnight tally
- Emergency sirens in Poʻipū were a false alarm
- Kai Kahele and Joe Akana head to general election for U.S. House District II seat
- 2 more inmates at OCCC test positive for COVID-19
- TheBus operator tests positive for COVID-19