HONOLULU (KHON2) — The new public school year starts Monday morning, with distance learning for at least the first four weeks.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The first few days of school will be focused on getting students ready for online learning. Drive-through systems to pick up loaner devices will also be available at schools.
For parents and students that are having trouble connecting to teachers with distance learning, the Department of Education has also launched The Ohana Help Desk to help specifically with IT problems.
The Ohana Help Desk will be open Sunday between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Parents can also go to the online website ohanahelpdesk.org for self-service support.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Big West announces women’s basketball schedules
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- More options open up for O’ahu residents looking to renew their driver license
- Support Domestic Violence Action Center
- Energy Innovation: Schedule Your Consult Today