HONOLULU (KHON2) — Personnel assigned to the destroyer USS Michael Murphy tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 4 and have been placed in isolation, according to announcement from a Navy spokesperson on Nov. 19.
The destroyer is docked at Pearl Harbor, and all tests were conducted on the ship or in a military facility.
All close contacts and non-essential crew members are undergoing a two-week isolation period.
The ship has a crew of more than 300 people, according to the Navy’s website.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- DOE: Adoptive parents of missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo withdrew her from school
- Lane closures on the westside of Kaua’i, starting from Sept. 17 to Sept. 23
- Photos: ‘New’ Van Gogh to go on display
- Student heckled while speaking about grandmother’s COVID death now has reason to celebrate
- Biden makes pitch to raise taxes on corporations, wealthiest people