BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank
- Voter registration deadline approaches for the 2020 Primary Election