WAILUKU, Kauai (KHON2) — Maui Mayor Michael Victorino announced that Maui County is providing a free voluntary post-arrival testing program for all travelers into Maui County starting on Oct. 17.
Travelers must have taken a pre-travel test to be eligible for the free post-arrival test. Those who wish to participate in the program must pre-register for an appointment online.
Officials advise taking the post-arrival test at least 72 hours after arriving in Maui County.
Minit Medical is administering the county-sponsored program at several sites across Maui, and a mobile unit will also be available to visit hotels for convenient testing.
Post-arrival testing will only be conducted at community testing sites and the mobile testing unit, do not enter any Minit Medical clinics.
Testing Site Locations
- Lahaina: 305 Keawe St. (parking lot by highway)
- Kihei: 1280 South Kihei Rd. (behind Ace Hardware)
- Kahului: 348 Lehuakona St. (behind Maui Marketplace)
Mobile Testing Unit
- Visitors should check with their hotel regarding dates and times the Mobile Unit will be arriving.
- Book your test during the designated time frame.
- Test results are expected to be returned within an hour.
If you have problems pre-registering, call Minit Medical at 808-667-6161, extension 7.
For more information on COVID-19 in Maui County, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House