PUUNENE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Maui Humane Society will host “Bob Bobs For Balls,” a virtual fundraising event on Oct. 10.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
“Since we’re unable to host conventional in-person fundraising events, we’re having fun developing new ways to keep our community engaged and supportive,” said Jenny Miller, who is the Maui Humane Society’s Development & Marketing director.
The event will feature the dog Bob Vance, who is a surrendered Sharpei-mix. He spent seven months at the shelter and he’s looking for his perfect home.
During this stay at the shelter, Bob became the first graduate of the new Behavior and Training Program at MHS. The program is designed to teach dogs to become family members.
The fundraiser will include Yappy Hour with adoptable pets, an introduction to the new training program and a behind-the-scenes tour of the shelter.
The main event will feature Bob being unleashed. He’ll leap into a pool full of numbered tennis balls to select one lucky ball. Event participants may even win a prize.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Eight Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2024
- Changes to expect in your child’s school lunches under new USDA nutrition standards
- Hawaiʻi embraces diversity in 2023 legislative session
- ‘Iolani wins HHSAA Division I girls basketball championship
- Controversial military fencing project being relocated