HONOLULU (KHON2) — Duty Free Hawaii is facing mass layoffs.
It notified the Labor Department that effective September 1, the company will lay off half of its workers at three locations: Waikiki, the Daniel K. Inouye International airport, and at the Kahului airport.
That’s means more than 200 people will be out of a job in the coming weeks.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing