HONOLULU (KHON2) — Duty Free Hawaii is facing mass layoffs.
It notified the Labor Department that effective September 1, the company will lay off half of its workers at three locations: Waikiki, the Daniel K. Inouye International airport, and at the Kahului airport.
That’s means more than 200 people will be out of a job in the coming weeks.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Flying in extreme heat: When is it too hot for takeoff?
- NY overhauls handgun rules in wake of Supreme Court ruling, bans firearms in ‘sensitive places’
- SEE IT: ‘Vintage’ Burger King restaurant found behind wall at Delaware mall
- What’s going on with RadioShack’s Twitter account?
- Applications for school lunch available