HONOLULU (KHON2) — Duty Free Hawaii is facing mass layoffs.
It notified the Labor Department that effective September 1, the company will lay off half of its workers at three locations: Waikiki, the Daniel K. Inouye International airport, and at the Kahului airport.
That’s means more than 200 people will be out of a job in the coming weeks.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- The New Aloha Stadium Entertainment District will take decades to complete
- Windward showers through Tuesday morning, drier conditions the rest of the week
- Water main break in East Honolulu causes traffic mayhem
- How to Experience The Honolulu Christmas Lights in a Fun Way
- “LOKAHI”: A Night of Aerial Dance, Music, and Community Unity