HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lt. Gov. Josh Green publicly received Pfizers’s coronavirus vaccine Tuesday at Queen’s Medical Center.
Green tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, Sept. 11.
Before receiving the shot Green said, “I think we should lead by example and I believe this will really make a big difference for our state.”
The first shot of the Pfizer vaccine provides about 52 percent protection, with up to 95 percent immunity with the second shot.
Lt. Gov. will receive his second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, Jan. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Financial Assistance Available for Lessees on Hawaiian Home Lands
- AAA Hawaii: Honolulu Average Gas Price Drops Below $4
- State Creates New Ads to Address Teen Vaping
- Take2: Artists of Hawaii Now Exhibit at the Honolulu Museum of Art
- Groundbreaking ceremony for new affordable senior apartments project is being held in downtown Honolulu