HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lt. Gov. Josh Green publicly received Pfizers’s coronavirus vaccine Tuesday at Queen’s Medical Center.
Green tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, Sept. 11.
Before receiving the shot Green said, “I think we should lead by example and I believe this will really make a big difference for our state.”
The first shot of the Pfizer vaccine provides about 52 percent protection, with up to 95 percent immunity with the second shot.
Lt. Gov. will receive his second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, Jan. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Pence eyes 2024 campaign launch next week
- White House: ‘No evidence’ Biden accuser is part of Russian influence operation
- Four UH Football games will be nationally televised
- Trump eying ‘most spectacular’ yearlong 250th birthday celebration for US if elected
- Weight loss surgeries rise substantially among adolescents: research