HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lt. Gov. Josh Green publicly received Pfizers’s coronavirus vaccine Tuesday at Queen’s Medical Center.
Green tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, Sept. 11.
Before receiving the shot Green said, “I think we should lead by example and I believe this will really make a big difference for our state.”
The first shot of the Pfizer vaccine provides about 52 percent protection, with up to 95 percent immunity with the second shot.
Lt. Gov. will receive his second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, Jan. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Honolulu Police Department saw temporary evacuation after reported gas leak
- More Liliha Bakery locations coming to Oahu
- Power restored to nearly 1,000 HECO customers in Pearl City
- Former Rainbow Warriors quarterback Hunter Hughes advances to Manoa Cup quarterfinals after come from behind victory
- Mililani Post Office lobby to close Saturday for electrical work