HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lt. Gov. Josh Green publicly received Pfizers’s coronavirus vaccine Tuesday at Queen’s Medical Center.
Green tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, Sept. 11.
Before receiving the shot Green said, “I think we should lead by example and I believe this will really make a big difference for our state.”
The first shot of the Pfizer vaccine provides about 52 percent protection, with up to 95 percent immunity with the second shot.
Lt. Gov. will receive his second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, Jan. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breast cancer awareness fundraiser 2021 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® held virtually
- Waikiki surfboard rack fire causes hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage
- Rolovich fired as WSU coach: ‘It’s just heartbreaking to hear that’
- Sinking test scores show pandemic impact on Hawaii students
- Following bronze medal experience with Team USA at FIVB World Championships in Mexico, Kamehameha’s Devin Kahahawai ‘glad’ to be home battling in the ILH