HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lt. Gov. Josh Green publicly received Pfizers’s coronavirus vaccine Tuesday at Queen’s Medical Center.
Green tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, Sept. 11.
Before receiving the shot Green said, “I think we should lead by example and I believe this will really make a big difference for our state.”
The first shot of the Pfizer vaccine provides about 52 percent protection, with up to 95 percent immunity with the second shot.
Lt. Gov. will receive his second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, Jan. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds easing in the coming days
- Hawaii’s hospitality industry prepares for spring break influx of visitors
- A spectacular underwater look at humpback whales, their amazing learned behaviors
- Hilton Hawaiian Village to resume ‘Waikiki Starlight Luau’
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill