HONOLULU (KHON2) — Ross is the second major retailer in the state to reopen its doors to customers. Macy’s opened last week.
Hundreds of people lined up on the first day all Ross Dress for Less stores in Hawaii were open.
The lines snaked outside the building because the stores limited how many could be inside at one time.
“Everyone’s been cooped up in the house and whatever’s open people are just coming here and there,” said shopper Jasmine Kim.
“You know what, I saw a lot of people with wagons, and their wagons are all full,” said shopper Tai Utoafili. “A lot of children’s clothes, a lot of house things, you know. I know we have a lot of house things in our baskets.”
Other shoppers say it was the same story at other Ross stores even on the neighbor islands.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- PSA: Gov. Edwards and Zion Williamson encourage Louisianans to ‘Mask Up’
- Police investigate Pearl City death
- July 2: Incoming passenger count bumped up to 2,813, total 25 flights landed