KONA, Hawaii (KHON2) — One person died Thursday from COVID-19 at Kona Community Hospital, officials confirmed.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
There are currently three COVID-positive patients hospitalized. All three of them are in the ICU and two of them are using ventilators.
State health department officials reported 91 new cases on Oct. 15. Thirteen of the 91 reported were from Hawaii County. The cumulative state total stands at 13,764.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case