LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Kauai District Health Office reported one new case of COVID-19 on Sunday, Dec. 6, bringing the total number of known active cases on the island to 11.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The case is an adult female visitor and is travel-related. The individual had a negative pre-travel test result prior to Kauai opting-out of the state’s Safe Travels program, but later tested positive.
Kauai’s cumulative case count as of Dec. 6 is 140. Of those, 122 are confirmed, one is probable and 17 are confirmed positive tests performed out-of-state or off-island.
For more information about COVID-19 in Kauai County, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3