LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Kauai District Health Office reported four positive cases of COVID-19 on Nov. 19, bringing the total number of active cases on the island to 16.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Two of the cases are confirmed to be travel-related, while the other two are under investigation and have not yet been classified as travel or community acquired.
According to the Kauai District Health Office, one of the travelers received a positive test result after arriving to the county.
Kauai’s cumulative case count as of Nov. 19 is 99. Of those, 88 are confirmed, one is probable and 10 are confirmed positive tests performed out-of-state or off-island.
For more information about COVID-19 in Kauai County, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Alakawa Street is closed between Home Depot and Best Buy due to water main break
- ‘We’re just hoping to get to play’, Anxiety rises for Pearl City as opening weekend of Hawaii prep football approaches with multiple games cancelled
- DOE poised to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for high school student athletes
- Thousands of public school students return to full in-person classes, raising concerns with some teachers
- Where Hawaii residents can get tested for COVID-19 for free