LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) – A Wainiha man was arrested by Kauai police on Tuesday, August 4, for violating the state’s mandatory 14-day quarantine order.
Police officials said that 64-year-old Michael Rowan arrived from Los Angeles International Airport on a direct Delta Airlines flight on August 2. According to a police report, he claimed to be a returning resident but selected the Kauai Palms Hotel as his quarantine location.
On Tuesday, August 4, it was reported that Rowan left his room three times and approached hotel staff in the lobby without wearing a mask on those occassions.
Police arrived at the hotel and arrested Rowan around 1:15 p.m. for violating the state’s emergency COVID-19 rules.
Since then, he posted $1,000 bail and was escorted by police to his quarantine location for the remainder of his 14-days of quarantine.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- State moves forward with new Aloha Stadium project, starts with real estate
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin convicted in death of George Floyd; 5-year-old stares down backyard bobcat
- Light and variable winds remain through Wednesday, trades back Thursday
- Neighbor islands look to gain on vaccine passports, but how much tourism is too much?
- Hiker with apparent dehydration airlifted from Laie trail