LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Kauai couple was arrested on Sunday after boarding a flight despite having tested positive for COVID-19.
The Wailua couple was arrested for reckless endangerment after boarding a flight traveling from San Francisco to Lihue. Police say the 41-year-old man and 46-year-old woman knew they had tested positive for the virus and placed other passengers on the flight in “danger of death.”
The couple posted bail, which was set at $1,000 each.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tokyo’s Skytree offers unmatched views of Olympic city
- Newsfeed Now: Senators unveil nearly $1 trillion infrastructure bill; TikTok video reunites siblings after over 40 years
- No keeping her down: After a fall, busy Hassan gets a gold
- USA’s Allman wins gold in discus
- Growing in popularity: Artist shares her love of Manga