LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — Mayor Derek Kawakami has announced that Kauai residents who travel out of state can get a free COVID-19 test after returning to the island, starting on Oct. 19.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Mayor Kawakami says the post-arrival test will help to prevent community spread.
To qualify for a post-arrival test, the resident must first receive a negative pre-travel test and qualify for a quarantine exemption via the Safe Travels app.
The post-arrival testing center will be located at the Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and results will be available the same day.
For more information, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case