HONOLULU (KHON2) — The HELE gas station and nomnom convenience store located at 707 Kapahulu Avenue are temporarily closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
A third party cleaning company will disinfect the store and gas pumps, and COVID-19 testing will be made available for all employees.
A representative says that the company is making sure that employees are well taken care of.
“Our first concern is for the health and safety of our team member and their family. We are doing all we can to support them through the recovery process. We continue to follow all Hawaii State Department of Health and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines as part of a process to maintain a safe and healthy work environment,” said the representative.
The location closed on Aug. 6, and the company has not announced when the station and store will reopen.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- It’s National Pancake Day: The world loves this griddled cake
- Fellow New Jersey Sen. Booker calls for Menendez to step down
- Vulnerable Democrats Tester and Casey to donate money they took from Menendez
- LIVE: Las Vegas teens accused in bicyclist’s death arraigned in court
- Government shutdown: Which veterans’ benefits may, may not be affected