HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii Tourism Authority released the number of passengers who flew into the state on March 28.
They say that 1,207 people arrived on the third day of the state’s 14-day mandatory self-quarantine for all incoming passengers. Of all the travelers, 151 were visitors. Most were either returning residents or crew members.
In comparison, during this same time in 2019, more than 30,000 passengers arrived in Hawaii daily, including residents and visitors. This table shows the number of people who arrived by air on March 28.
- Light and variable winds returning to the islands by Sunday
- More hotels announce reopening plans as pre-travel testing program start nears
- Oahu reopens under tier 1 for at least a month
- For this kupuna restaurant owner, it’s a family affair
- Disney Aulani to start phased reopening on Nov. 1