HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Police Department was out in force over the weekend, enforcing emergency orders by issuing thousands of citations.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Honolulu Police officers issued approximately 2,700 citations over the weekend for emergency order violations.
This was the first weekend of solo outdoor activities allowed under the city’s amended emergency orders.
HPD says that is about the same amount of citations handed out last weekend during the three-day labor day holiday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Atherton YMCA will relocate onto UH Manoa campus
- CrimeStoppers: Kahala attempted burglary, Kapolei credit card fraud, Haleiwa attempted burglary
- Honolulu police vehicle crashes into HECO pole in the Keeaumoku area
- HECO responding to power outage on Oahu’s North Shore
- Oahu grand jury indicts man in connection to 1982 murder