HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Police Department was out in force over the weekend, enforcing emergency orders by issuing thousands of citations.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
Honolulu Police officers issued approximately 2,700 citations over the weekend for emergency order violations.
This was the first weekend of solo outdoor activities allowed under the city’s amended emergency orders.
HPD says that is about the same amount of citations handed out last weekend during the three-day labor day holiday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sept. 23: Renew your driver’s license; One Oahu high school is enforcing a zero tolerance for students who don’t wear masks
- Breezy trade winds, with clouds and showers are expected this week
- Drive-thru haunted house coming to Aloha Stadium in October
- ‘Say Yes! COVID tests’ distributed over 500,000 at-home kits on launch day
- Powerball jackpot soars to $523 million