WAHIAWA, Hawaii (KHON2) — As the coronavirus pandemic presses on, more illegal game rooms are being discovered by the Honolulu Police Department (HPD). Another gambling bust in Wahiawa on Tuesday night led to the arrest of a 31-year-old man and citations of eleven individuals.
HPD took to social media to share another game room bust which involved the seizure of over a dozen gambling machines, cash, drugs and a firearm. The Wahiawa man was arrested for gambling promotion and possession of gambling devices. Eleven others present at the scene were cited for violating the Mayor’s “stay-at-home” order.
HPD says a search warrant was executed by the District 2 Crime Reduction Unit, Narcotics/Vice Division and the Specialized Services Division.
Police are asking the public to report any illegal gambling activity to the Narcotics/Vice hotline at 723-3933.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain potential still high for Kauai and Oahu
- Lanai records first COVID-19 cases as counties look to improve pre-travel testing program
- Officials warn Hawaii Restaurant Card solicitation could lead to revocation
- Annual Career Expo going virtual this year
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kilani Bakery in business 61 years turns to social media to bring in customers