HONOLULU (KHON2) – Honolulu Emergency Services Department announced that an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
This is the department’s first positive coronavirus case.
City officials said that the employee is currently in isolation and will return to work after the employee is cleared by the state Department of Health.
The employee works for the Emergency Medical Services Division and is stationed at CharlieOne, which is located in the Liliha area.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Inside look of screening process for incoming travelers at Hilo International Airport
- Pearl City’s Kai Kamaka III gets the call, will make UFC debut Saturday in Las Vegas
- KFD responds to multiple overnight house fires
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants