HONOLULU (KHON2) — Layoffs are coming to a cookie shop that’s popular with tourists.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
In its official notice to the labor department, Honolulu Cookie Company says 71 employees will be laid off by next week Saturday.
Some of the positions include bakery workers, packers and sales associates.
The company also says the delay of visitor travel has impacted business significantly.
Honolulu Cookie Company’s stores have been closed since March 18.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Fallen pole prompts closure of Waianae Valley Rd.
- Hawaiian Telcom power failure caused TV service outage on Oahu
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure
- Hawaii health officials report 6 cases of COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7