HONOLULU (KHON2) — Layoffs are coming to a cookie shop that’s popular with tourists.
Are you ready for hurricane season, find local resources and preparation advice here.
In its official notice to the labor department, Honolulu Cookie Company says 71 employees will be laid off by next week Saturday.
Some of the positions include bakery workers, packers and sales associates.
The company also says the delay of visitor travel has impacted business significantly.
Honolulu Cookie Company’s stores have been closed since March 18.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds set to return to the islands Thursday
- Car accidents, drownings? How COVID deaths are counted in Hawaii
- A plea for respect as Hawaii prepares to welcome back vaccinated visitors starting Nov. 1
- Traffic accident prompts closure of Makakilo Drive northbound from Farrington Hwy
- Honolulu Fire Department rescue hikers at Lanikai Pillbox Trail, Waimano Ridge Trail