HONOLULU (KHON2) — The head of the Labor Department is on leave.
The department says that Scott Murakami has been on leave since Monday, June 1, but did not provide any further information.
Murakami’s leave comes as Hawaii faces record unemployment due to the pandemic.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Showers ramping up through 4th of July, drier conditions return Sunday
- State epidemiologist says COVID-19 battle is still not over
- Ocean Safety: Kite surfer, swimmers in distress, toddler on floaty blown out to ocean
- Hawaii incoming visitor count highest since quarantine began
- The New Normal: Vet clinics adjust operations amid the pandemic