HONOLULU (KHON2) — The head of the Labor Department is on leave.
The department says that Scott Murakami has been on leave since Monday, June 1, but did not provide any further information.
Murakami’s leave comes as Hawaii faces record unemployment due to the pandemic.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Heavy rain threat diminishing by early Wednesday
- Visitor to Diamond Head tragedy home says she tried to help, but laws prevented agencies from helping
- Families of fallen officers grieve one year anniversary of Diamond Head tragedy
- Hawaii nursing homes COVID-19 cases low compared to national numbers
- Some local retailers turn focus to online sales in 2021 as COVID-19 pandemic continues