HONOLULU (KHON2) — KHON2 wants to wish a very happy birthday to Rene Paulo, who just turned 90.
Paulo got a very special, social distant birthday party in Waikele.
If you recognize him, that’s because Paulo is a legendary pianist. Rene Paulo is also known as Hawaii’s ‘King of the Keyboard’ and is a recipient of the Hawaiian Academy of Recording Arts (HARA) Lifetime Achievement Awards.
His family planned a surprise birthday party. They told KHON2 that he hasn’t been able to see family or friends in months due to the pandemic.
Paulo enjoyed the party from behind a panel of plexiglass and sat on a throne dressed as a king.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Paulo!
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank
- Voter registration deadline approaches for the 2020 Primary Election