HONOLULU (KHON2) – An Oahu adult is Hawaii’s first death from COVID-19, the novel coronavirus.
The Department of Health reports the person passed away on March 20th and suffered from multiple underlying health conditions.
The available history for this person suggests they had a potential indirect travel-related exposure.
The person had been tested at a clinical commercial laboratory, and the results were indeterminate.
Follow-up testing today, by the State Laboratories Division, confirmed COVID-19.
The department of health issued this message:
“All of Hawaii expresses condolences to the family of the person who died and shares in grieving their loss. Everyone is encouraged to take care of themselves and their loved ones during these difficult times.”
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect