HONOLULU (KHON2) — If you were planning a trip to Las Vegas next month, you may have noticed some ticket prices on Hawaiian Airlines were more than double what travelers are used to paying.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
KHON2 asked Hawaiian Airlines about it.
A spokesperson says they’re working to accommodate a large volume of existing guests already booked and a surge of new guests next month.
This caused fares to temporarily go up on certain flights that were close to being full until they manually capped fares.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii inmate dies at Saguaro Correctional Center
- State launches online tip portal to report unlicensed activity
- Free COVID-19 testing available on Hilo Monday
- Coffee leaf rust confirmed on Maui, possibly on Big Island
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day