HONOLULU (KHON2) — The parking lot at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu is empty.
According to the Hawaii Tourism Authority 826 people arrived in Hawaii on March 29.
Of the more than 2,700 people getting those quarantine orders since last week, 766 of them are tourists and nearly 2,000 are locals.
HTA says they have 45 employees making calls to quarantined visitors making sure they’re staying in.
With airlines cutting back on flights many planes are parked along certain runways at the airport.
- Jimmy Carter’s 99th birthday celebration moved up to avoid potential shutdown
- Judge Chutkan denies Trump bid for her recusal in Jan. 6 case
- Costco says its one-ounce gold bars are selling out fast
- Collision in Wahiawa leaves motorist in critical condition
- Here’s how a government shutdown would affect the military