HONOLULU (KHON2) – For the first time, the Hawaii Foodbank’s Annual Food Drive Day will be held virtually on Aug. 15.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The organization says the decision was made after consulting with local health leaders about the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19.
Those who want to help can do so in three ways:
- Visit the Hawaii Foodbank’s website and donate food virtually.
- Spread awareness on social media.
- Make a monetary donation to the Hawaii Foodbank online.
Since the start of the pandemic, the Hawaii Foodbank has purchased more than $4.75 million in emergency food, compared to its typical annual budget of $400,000.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election
- Mayors want inter-island travelers tested after arrival, but admit there aren’t enough tests