KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Class of 2020 at Hawaii Community College Palamanui campus held a drive through graduation on Saturday, Aug. 1.
There were 102 graduates and their families that took part in the festivities.
The original commencement was scheduled for May but was canceled due to the pandemic.
There were also four high school students from Kealakehe High School who earned their associate degrees through the early college program.
There were also 12 local high school students graduated with their Hawaii Lifestyles Academic Subject Certificates.
The Palamanui campus is the Kona-based school for Hawaii Community College.
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- DPP halts in-person meetings after Honolulu Hale coronavirus cluster
- Hawaii, Kauai, Maui to benefit from $9.6 million federal award for bus systems
- Positive coronavirus test for another TheBus operator
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall